The Most Popular Types Of Coffee & Flavours
The UK has always been known as a tea drinker nation but coffee has also become very popular, especially flavoured coffee and takeaway coffees for convenience.
Some of the most popular types of coffee are cappuccinos and lattes, some top flavours are also vanilla, caramel and gingerbread coffee.
We’ve composed a short guide below which will take you through will coffee is popular in the UK and some top flavours, we will also discuss how to pick a good coffee for the best taste quality.
Is Coffee Popular In The UK?
Coffee is now as popular as tea in the UK, with coffee lover consumers having up to 95 million cups of coffee a day from coffee shops, proper coffee is a loved energy boost for people in the morning on the way to work with people having their coffee machine in the comfort of their home.
Our List Of The Most Popular Types Of Coffee In UK
Even though there are a huge number of coffee drinkers there is still the most popular type of coffee enjoyed amongst all of us.
Some popular types to name are –
1. Lattes & skinny lattes.
2. Cappuccino coffees.
3. Flat whites.
4. White Americans.
5. Black Americans.
6. Filter coffee white.
9. Filter coffee black.
10. Double espresso.
In terms of flavoured coffee, many people prefer syrups for a more diverse coffee experience in their cup of coffee.
We’ve listed some popular flavours below. `
- Pumpkin Spice.
- Berries and other fruits.
How To Choose a Good Coffee
- Choose arabica coffee beans – Arabica has a sweet and more complex taste, this is excellent for coffee addicts who want a richer taste.
- Look at the region and processing – Different regions and processing are in have a huge effect on the quality of your coffee, south America seems to be more chocolatey while Kenyan coffee is more vibrant.
- Think about the roast – Consider whether you are after a light roast, medium roast or dark roast. Dark roast has a more nutty flavour while the light roast is more mellow.
- Choose the right grind according to the coffee maker – For the French press try a medium grind and for areo press use a coarser grind.
Overall, the most popular kinds of coffee in the UK are cappuccinos and lattes with popular flavours such as vanilla and hazelnut. We would always suggest choosing higher-quality arabica coffee if you are after a richer taste and a dark roast.